Dave Boyd is a former Port Adelaide Magpies player from 1948 to 1960. Boyd played with Fos Williams during Port Adelaide's success during the 1950's. Boyd played in the 1951, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959 SANFL Grand Finals as a key player. Boyd made his debut in 1948 as a forward but devolved into a center. In 1956, Boyd was awarded the Magarey Medal. Boyd retired in 1960. Boyd played 222 games for Port Adelaide
Boyd's success in the 1950's as a key player awarded him to be part of the 'Greatest Team' from 1870 to 2000, he was put as a half forward flanker.
Boyd played 19 matches for South Australia.
Boyd's sons Greg and Russell also played for Port Adelaide.
Boyd was inducted in the SANFL Hall of Fame in 2002.
- Magarey Medalist 1956
- Best player for SA against Victoria 1956
- Player life member of Port Adelaide 1957
- Board of Directors Port Adelaide, 1961 – 1990
- Chairman of Selectors Port Adelaide
- Selector Port Adelaide, 25 years
- Selector and Chairman of Selectors for SA
- SANFL League Director
- Player life member of the SANFL